Monday 2 November 2015

A Boy with Cancer gets help from a good samaritan after video asking for food goes viral.



In an attempt to help his family, a 13 year old New Jersey Boy battling with Cancer posted a video online.

"We have nothing to eat tonight and I wanted to ask if anyone could help us for tonight and tomorrow" said Dylan Kenny in the video. The video which then went viral prompted a Good Samaritan to step forward and assist Dylan and his family. 

Dylan is battling with Ewing sarcoma, a type of tumor coated in the bones and tissue.
" I know I'm 13 year old but it doesn't mean I can't help out my family"said Dylan
Dylan's mother said the family rely on federal assistant and she has to work two jobs and also drive from May's Landing to Nemours/Alfred hospital for children in Wilmington for Dylan's  treatment.

" Do you know how embarrassing it is to go and beg people online, can you help me we don't have food  today or I don't have a way to get my son to the hospital"said Jeanette Kenny.
Luckily help came for Dylan and his family; a man named Martino Cartier who founded Wigs and Wishes, a non profit organization that help those battling with cancer.

When I saw the video, I was in shock said Cartier.

Cartier went to the shop to help and got a help of his own when another Samaritan like himself  donated a $100 towards the groceries.
Dylan's family now have one month worth of groceries.
Dylan who expressed his gratitude said he didn't think his video would get this type of response.

Wigs and Wishes promised to provide food for the Kenny's every Sunday for the next coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment